Thursday 10 May 2007

NEV (New Entertainment Venue) - Theatre Severn

Communication with Dom Wallis with Chris Dean on behalf of VAN

Hello Christopher
>
> The NEV is now called Theatre Severn. I don't know the exact m2, but I
> believe there will be a large amount of wall space for visual art
> display. Thank you for you comments. They will be most useful to the
> Project Team as the building starts to take shape.
>
> Best
>
> D
>
>>>> "christopher dean" 05/09/07 11:35 am >>>
> I have two questions regarding the NEV
> 1 How is a name going to be chosen (I'm assuming, or rather hoping that
> the horrible "NEV" as a title will be soon scrapped); will there be a
> public role?
>
> 2 I don't see any reference to display space for visual arts. All the
> new theatres I have visited in the region (e.g. Theatr Clwyd, Worcester,
> Brecon, even the revamped Oakengates) have dedicated display areas for
> paintings. The gallery at Mold is a particularly good example.
> As there are NO plans visible on the website, only computer generated
> images, could you please tell me what provision for hanging exhibitions
> has been made.
> Chris Dean

No comments: