Artists wanted for participatory public art project in
Church Stretton, South Shropshire.
Artists are invited to put in a proposal to create two large murals at Church Stretton Railway Station through workshops with the Mayfair Community Centre Youth Club.
This project aims to involve young people in the local community in making a positive contribution to their local environment and having the opportunity to learn new creative skills. The murals will be a lasting legacy of the project, improving the appearance of the station shelters, and making a positive first impression for any visitors arriving to Church Stretton by train. Therefore the proposed theme for the murals will be the surrounding Shropshire Hills.
This project is being led by the Church Stretton Area Tourism Group.
* Applicants are required to write a short proposal on how they would approach the project (no more than one side of A4) with a draft budget - indicating artists fees and likely material costs where possible.
* The budget for this project is expected to be £1,200 for the artist fees, and a total of around £3,000 inclusive of materials.
* Young artists expect to be able to work during afternoons / early evenings.in the Mayfair art studio
* Young people from the youth club will be involved in the selection of the artist.
* Applicants must also submit a portfolio CD or folder of work, which will be returned to you. Should you wish to e-mail your portfolio, please send to email@example.com
Short listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview on
WEDNESDAY 13th JUNE 2007 at the Mayfair Centre.
Deadline for applications is noon on FRIDAY 1st JUNE 2007.
Send completed applications to Mrs Ella Charles, Mayfair Community Centre, Easthope Road, Church Stretton. Shropshire. SY6 6BL.
Please contact John Woolmer, Church Stretton Area Tourism Group for more details on 01694 751245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org